Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I'm PREGNANT!!



CRAZY!!  Totally did not expect this so SOON, but it's happening!  Seems like just yesterday that my husband and I would just joke about the idea.   Are we ready for this kind of responsibility??  Such a change in our lives?!  Am I equipped to take on this role?  I mean…to hold someone's future in my hands!!  That's insane!  I have heard how challenging it can be at first, but that the reward is simply worth every bit!  And now, here I am...4 months in and I am watching my little baby grow!  

So there it is folks…I'm pregnant!!  Pregnant with excitement, that is, that my little Rodan + Fields family is growing!  (Ohh…ohhh….you thought I meant like reeeeeally pregnant!!  Like with a human and stuff… Heck no!  I JUST got married, people!  Calm down.)  

Anyway…back to my baby.  

I jumped in head first to my Rodan + Fields business - immediately posting away on Facebook every single day!  I saw a great opportunity with this company, and I did not want to waste one single second in building my own business!  My first goal was to get these amazing products into as many hands as possible!  In my first month, I had 10 customers, in my second month, another 12.  I now have over 50 customers!!!  FIFTY+ people that I have the true honor of serving and helping them find the best skincare available to them!  And as of today, just 4 months in,  I have FIVE business partners that are ready to run with me in this exciting opportunity!  I cannot begin to explain how exciting this is!  

I recently used the analogy of Motherhood to describe my experience with Rodan + Fields.  (Bear with me here…HA!).  I am not a Mom (we have established this), but I have been told by my friends that are Mothers that it is an indescribable feeling/connection that you have with your child.  Try as I might to wrap my head around that kind of love, I just can't.  All I'm hearing is "sleepless nights, dirty diapers,  and baby food in my hair."  And they are all like "OMG - do it!  Have a baby!  It's the best thing ever!"  Ugh - get your positive energy away from my uterus!   One day, Lord willing, I will have children of my own and hopefully then I will understand this sacrificial, unbelievable love.  

But…this is kind of how I feel about direct sales.  When other people use to describe it to me, I just couldn't wrap my head around it.  It didn't sound appealing to me at all.  But once I took the leap to the other side, I NOW get it.  And just like my Mother friends, I want to tell everyone, "OMG - do it!  It's the best thing EVER!"  

You may not know this about me, but I actually have a Master's in Education.  While my career as a school teacher did not last very long (one year, to be exact), I find it a blessing that I am now able to use my background to educate and lead my team of Consultants.  (See, Mom and Dad…I told you that degree wasn't a waste!)   It's been an exciting 4 months…and I have loved every single minute of it!  Having the freedom to brand myself along side of the already established and well respected brand of Rodan + Fields has been  beyond fun!  I get to be creative again…I get to have FUN while working…I get to play on Facebook for a living!  Dreams really do come true!  Ha!  

Are you ready to jump in like I did!?  Just like having a baby…I can't promise you that it will be easy, but I can tell you that it will be sooooooooooo worth it!  




No comments:

Post a Comment